WHO ARE WE / WHY DRI ?
DRI, a non-profit organization, has been certifying business continuity/disaster recovery professionals for over 25 years. We lead the field with more BC/DR professionals maintaining their certification with us than all other institutions combined.
Currently, DRI is conducting training in over 50 countries and have certified people in over 100 countries. Ever expanding, DRI currently certifies and teaches in the English, Spanish, French, Japanese, Mandarin and Russian languages.
* The oldest and largest educational and certification organization committed to promoting a base of common knowledge for the global Continuity Management industry.
* The Business Continuity education & certification body recognized by:
– APEC (Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation) **
– ISO & throughout industries as the global preferred leader in business continuity profession.
* DRI’s Commitment :
– Promoting a base of common knowledge for the continuity management industry.
– Certifying qualified individuals in the discipline of Business Continuity.
-Promoting the credibility and professionalism of certified individuals globally.
- Chaired the Alfred P. Sloan Committee that drafted the Framework for Preparedness that has been the foundation for the Title IX Implementation.
- Member U.S. Chamber of Commerce Homeland Security Task Force
- Member of the Council of Experts for ANSI-ANAB who will set the credentialing standard for certifying bodies for PS-Prep
- Member of FEMA National Advisory Council Private Sector Subcommittee
- Member of Advisory Committee for Congressionally funded Project for National Security Reform
- Member of the NFPA 1600 Technical Committee
- Member of the BS25999 – ASIS Technical Committee
- Participant RIMS (Risk Insurance Managers Society) PERK (Professional Exchange of Risk Knowledge) Program
- Cooperative Education Credit Sharing with ISACA (Information Systems Audit and Control Association)
- Cooperative Education Credit Sharing with (ISC)2 – (International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium, Inc.)
- Audit Course Development and Training for Auditors with NFPA (National Fire Prevention Association)
- Meeting with Special Assistant to The President for Homeland Security Standards Policy
- Chairman of Safe America Drill Down for Safety
** APEC (Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation) has endorsed DRI’s (Disaster Recovery Institute International) CBCP (Certified Business Continuity Professional) and MBCP (Master Business Continuity Professional) certifications into their Information Security Certification Guide Book. The DRII’s 10 Professional Practices is mapped onto the ISO17799 & FIPS200. APEC has 21 Member Economies which account for more than one third of the world’s population (2.6 billion people), over 50% of world GDP (US$ 19, 254 billion) and in excess of 41% of world trade. APEC also proudly represents the most economically dynamic region in the world having generated nearly 70% of global economic growth in its first 10 years.
APEC’s 21 Member Economies :
Australia; Brunei Darussalam; Canada; Chile; People’s Republic of China; Hong Kong, China; Indonesia; Japan; Republic of Korea; Malaysia; Mexico; New Zealand; Papua New Guinea; Peru; The Republic of the Philippines; The Russian Federation; Singapore; Chinese Taipei; Thailand; United States of America; Viet Nam. This creates the largest global recognition of any BCP Certification in the world.